If I get married

Heyya!!! XD 

Yes the title doesn't really seem like something I want to talk about especially since I know I'm against early marriage.. But, it is something I think about for future planning.. Haha! I swear my future husband is soo going to hate me! XD 

Right! Things I want when I get married in the future.. 

1. Money

Being married is a big thing.. Not just personally, financially too.. You can't always rely on your future husband (but I wouldn't mind a rich husband ;D) for the wedding, the minimum amount to spend would be RM5000 (minimum!) and RM 1(maximum!!) including or not including a makeup artist and dress rentals/shopping. So, save up your money since you start working! And only splurge once in a while.. Lets say you start working at 24 and since your salary is like RM 5000 a month, save half of it for the future, on a different account! Not just for the future husbands, the future brides have to save up too! 

2. Western style wedding. Non-traditional in Malaysia

In Malaysia, we have to have 2 weddings to appease both sides of the family.. It's too much work and consumes too much time!! 1 wedding is enough! Don't get me wrong.. I will still follow the Malay way of marriage.. Tying the knot first, and then have the wedding reception in the afternoon but my way is going to be different.. 1 wedding only! The centre region between 2 sides of the family, KL.. In a hotel, all organized by the wedding planner! If family wants to do something, I will give them some work that doesn't require a lot of labor.. Example: DJ, MC. Host, Flower girls and etc.. (Yes, I prefer a modern wedding) my way.. Is tying the knot in the morning (Nikah). Afternoon, is the wedding celebration/reception itself (Persandingan).. Until the late evening.. And lastly at night, the wedding dinner sit down between families.. This is when we all celebrate the marriage, karaoke, dancing, saying our goodbyes before we(my newly wed husband and I) leave the next day for our honeymoon of two weeks.. :) western style see? I don't like the traditional way where we have to do it 2 times.. The cost is just too expensive.. To rent or buy a new wedding dress and the cost of a catering agency and to rent a tent if we do it at home.. URRGGHH!! Too much work! So no thanks! 

3. We have the wedding at a hotel and we stay in different rooms even at the night of the wedding.

Many people would prefer to spend the night with their new husbands/wife.. I want to keep our first day of honeymoon special, so we can go visit each other in their rooms, but we can't sleep in the same room yet! We will on our honeymoon.. And away from the prying eyes, nosy nose and eavesdropping ears of family.. ;) (They are still family and I love them.. Haha!)

Our wedding must be in a hotel.. So that,  after the wedding, we can just retire to our rooms instead of driving home tired.. Besides, if our families stayed in the hotel, cousins can come over to the bride's room to stay up and talk and do makeovers :)

4. Before we get married, we will buy our own house, furnish it and decorate it. So that after the honeymoon, we can live independently away from our parents' homes.. 

This has always been a problem for most newly married couples in Malaysia.. They never plan ahead.. Because of this, they decide to stay at their parents' homes until they are finally financially stable.. Which might take them a while.. Maybe a year to get settled.. Besides, you don't want you in-laws to find out about your habits do you? Visiting is fine.. But living together? It could be a nightmare.. So bottom line, before we're married, buy a house/Apartment together.. Buy furnitures, decorate it.. You'll be living together, get a place that's comfortable for both of you!

I, personally.. Would ask my future husband to install a walk in closet v(^w^)v (Damn, I'm demanding a lot.. XD)  I feel sorry for whoever who gets to be my future husband haha!

5. No quitting Work

I'm not going to quit work. If I worked too hard for something, I won't stop it just because I'm married! Having my own company is my dream. I can't quit. If I do have kids, I'm going to place a nursery in my building so that my kid can come to work with me.. I'll bring my nanny/maid with me.. 

6. No Sole Joint Accounts (Full money transfer)

I know we're married.. We should get a joint account.. But if just a joint account, sorry no can do.. I understand the principal of "what's mine is yours, what's yours is mine" but if we do get a joint account, it's only for money we put aside for bills and rent - cars, electricity, water, gas, food, phones and etc. I prefer to have the option of saving my money for my use.. Besides, (this is to consider all possibilities) in the event we do, get a divorce, he might run off with all my money if I put all my money in the joint account or I can steal his money if he put all of them in. See? Even I know women can be Scumbags sometimes.. 

Yea, soo I think thats it! 
Will add more if I think of any more..
I pity the poor dude who's going to be my future hubby.

My thoughts on marriage,
Good Night

Amy Ramli


Comments

Popular Posts